All you need to know about COVID-19
Keep up to date with everything you need to know about preventing the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19.
We will keep you informed and updated, as and when new information is available. Look out for regular communication from us or follow our social media pages for the latest information.
‘Novel’ coronavirus and symptoms
A novel coronavirus (CoV) is a new strain of coronavirus.Learn more
What is the best way to wash hands properly?
5 simple steps to ensure an effective clean.Learn more
What does this mean for Affinity Health members?
If you suspect that you may have come into contact with the Coronavirus, the following information is important to note:
- As per the Department Of Health communication, please do not rush to your nearest hospital, you need to remain calm and stay indoors and isolated.
- Please contact the Department Of Health Coronavirus Outbreak Hotline to report your condition.
- A health care worker will visit you in your home to collect a specimen and to complete the required documentation.
- If a healthcare worker is not available, you can request whether a self-testing kit is available from your nearest laboratory or contact your local GP telephonically for advice.
- Avoid unnecessary social contact.
- Avoid travel.
- Remain reachable for monitoring.
If you are in the situation where you feel you may have been exposed to the virus (according to the criteria as set out by the Department of Health), please respond by letting us know which province you are in and we will send you the relevant contact details or you can contact the Department of Health Coronavirus Outbreak Hotline on 0800 029 999.
What will Affinity Health cover?
Your health and well-being are very important to us.
It is essential to note that if you have not travelled recently or had contact with a person known to have the infection, your risk is very low for contracting Cornavirus.
Affinity Health will cover the following for confirmed cases of COVID-19 for out-of-hospital treatment, should you meet the clinical criteria:
- Diagnostic testing, if you meet clinical testing criteria.
- Consultations with healthcare professionals.
- Supportive care and treatment according to the Affinity Health benefit protocols and clinical guidelines.
Should you require hospitalisation, please contact us immediately to direct you to the closest isolation facility.
If the diagnostic testing for COVID-19 is negative, you will be liable for costs associated with the testing.