AFFINITY HEALTH LEGAL
Important legal notices
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Use of all the Company Directives constitutes your agreement to the following:
- All content in this document is the property of the Company.
- The Company refers to entities affiliated with, subsidiary to or directly associated with and managed through or by the Company.
- The content, therefore, belongs to the Company and is protected by South African and international copyright laws. All rights in this regard are reserved.
- This document may not be modified, copied, distributed, transmitted, reproduced, published, transferred, or sold.
- Use of this document is conditional on acceptance by the user of these terms and conditions and the information contained herein.
- Where the context so indicates, the masculine pronoun shall include the feminine and the neuter, and the singular shall include the plural.
- The terms “natural person” and “juristic entity” can be utilised interchangeably to afford the intended meaning to be conveyed based on the context indicated.
- To conduct our business efficiently and to provide you with products, services and advice that meets your needs, it is necessary for us to collect personal
- The personal information collected, enables us to identify who an individual is for the purpose of our business; share personal information when required and permitted; contact the individual in the ordinary course of business and transact with the individual.
- Information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal Information: We may collect personal details such as your name, location, date of birth, nationality, family details and other information defined as “Personal Information” in the Privacy Act that allows us to identify who the individual is;
- Contact Information: We may collect information such as your email address, telephone & fax number, third-party usernames, residential, business, and postal address, and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
- Financial Information: We may collect financial information related to you such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with you and/or provide you with our services;
- Statistical Information: We may collect information about your online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases, and other information for statistical purposes; and
- Information you send us: We may collect any personal correspondence that you send us, or that is sent to us by others about your
- We may collect other personal information, which we will maintain in accordance with this Privacy
- We may also collect non-personal Information about you such as information regarding your computer, network, and browser. This may include your IP address. Where non-personal Information is collected the POPI shall not
- To ensure that the personal information we receive, and hold is accurate, we obtain the personal information directly from
- When providing us with your dependent’s, or spouse’s details, you acknowledge that you are aware that we process and store their personal information and that you are duly authorised to share their personal
- Communication: We may use your personal information to communicate with you regarding your healthcare plan, including the treatment you received or ought to receive and promotional offers. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time.
- Improving Services: We may use your personal information to analyse and improve our services, customise your experience on the Website, and enhance our customer support.
- Legal Compliance: We may use and disclose your personal information as required or permitted by applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Affiliates and Service Providers: We may share your personal information with our affiliates and trusted third-party service providers who assist us in providing related services, including claims processing and policy administration.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction. We will notify you and provide choices regarding your personal information in such circumstances.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your personal information if required by law, legal process, or government request.
We employ reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant its absolute security.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We will securely dispose of personal information when it is no longer needed.
2.6. APP DATA
We strive to maintain a transparent relationship with you and, therefore, put you in charge of your User Data. You may request to have your account suspended and your User Data deleted at any time. Please note that requesting to have your User Data deleted will render the functions of the App inoperative, and you will have to re-register an account should you wish to utilise the services in future again.
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and receive a copy of that information.
- Rectification: If you believe that any of your personal information held by us is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request its correction or update.
- Erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You may object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- Consent Withdrawal: If we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our website gives you access to information about us, our products, and our services. If you use this website, it means that you understand and accept this
- We have made every effort to make sure that information on this website is up to date and accurate. We cannot, however, guarantee the accuracy or validity of all the information on our website.
- The content of the website is provided without us providing any express or implied guarantees to We do not guarantee that it is appropriate or suitable for any particular purpose to you; that it is complete or accurate; or that it or any hardware on which it is stored is virus-or harmful code-free.
- We have made every effort to protect our website against viruses and other harmful code. However, we cannot promise you that our website is free of such viruses and code, which could corrupt or infect your system or
- Any information available on this website does not constitute advice as defined in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002. It is your responsibility to get professional advice to determine whether any information taken from this website will suit your personal
- We are not legally responsible, in any way, for damages you may experience from using our website. This includes, but is not limited to, any direct, indirect, special, or consequential loss suffered by you or any third party that may arise, directly or indirectly, to the use of, or reliance upon, any content displayed on the
- While we are committed to providing an excellent service. We are not responsible for interrupted, delayed, or failed transmission, storage, or delivery of information due to a power failure, natural disaster, fire, labour unrest or any other cause beyond our
- We may, in good faith, provide links that appear useful to all users of our website. This does not mean, however, that we support these websites or endorse the products and/or services offered on them. We accept no responsibility for the content or use of such websites, or the information contained on
- Unless otherwise stated, all content on this website remains the intellectual property right of our company. This means that you are not allowed to use anything contained on our web pages, electronic or written publications or any other media and/or words, phrases, names, designs, or logos without our express written
- All information available on our website (including information on products and services, and their terms and conditions), is subject to change without notice to
- The laws of South Africa and the jurisdiction of the South African courts shall apply to any dispute you may have with us.
- In terms of POPI, a “responsible party” (in this case being the Company) has a legal duty to process a “data subject’s” personal information (in this case being your personal information and related details) in a lawful, legitimate, and responsible manner. To discharge this duty, the Company requires your express and informed permission to process your personal information.
- In terms of S11 (3) of POPI, you have the right to object in the prescribed manner to which we process your Personal Information. On receipt of your objection, we will place a hold on any further processing until the cause of the objection has been
- POPI requires that all your personal information and related details supplied, are complete, accurate and up to date. Whilst we will always use our best endeavours to ensure that your Personal Information is reliable, it will be your responsibility to advise us of any changes to your personal information, as and when this may
- When making use of our website, it is done so at your own risk and your
- We will not collect, process, store or share your personal information without obtaining consent, unless we are legally required to do
- We will only request, collect, process, or store your personal information if it is lawful for us to do so.
- We will keep a record of your personal information only for the purpose for which it is intended.
- We will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential and secure, by storing it on our secure database whilst ensuring we abide by any legislation or regulation relating to how we store your personal
- We keep all recorded financial information strictly confidential and will destroy same upon your written
- We take reasonable and necessary precautions to secure your transactions on our website but cannot guarantee the confidentiality of your
- Our website may make use of cookie and tracking technology. This allows us to track the number of visitors to our website and understand how visitors use it. Personal information cannot be collected using
- We may use your information for marketing inside our company and we may send you promotional material or information that may be of interest to
The Compliance Department is the owner of the policy and is therefore responsible for ensuring that the information in this directive is kept up to date.
Any required amendments, adjustments and proposed changes must be channelled through the Head of Compliance for review prior to approval.
The Governance Department is responsible for the administration of all Company Directive Frameworks and supporting documentation. Only the latest approved version of Company directives, available from the Governance Department, may be used by employees and stakeholders.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us using the following information:
Call Centre: 0861 11 16 10